Last Updated: 01/12/2017
Collection and use of information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person or entity.
You may be asked to provide your personal information at anytime you are in contact with a representative of Sqonk, particularly if you are an existing customer of any products or services we provide. This is strictly for the purposes of identification so we can assist you in whatever query or endeavor you seek with us.
What information we collect
- If you register/purchase a software program authored by Sqonk we may collect your email address, name and the serial number you were issued with when you made the purchase.
- If you visit the Sqonk website and utilize any services which requests your email address and name (such as the blog), this information will be stored.
- When using any of our paid subscription services we may ask for and store contact information relating to yourself or your company. These details will include the name of a person, company name, ABN or ACN (if applicable), phone number, email address, postal address along with any other personal or business information pertinent to your account with the service being used.
- As part of the hosting service we may request from you your registry key and password to assist in shifting your domain name over to our servers (if you are unable to perform this task yourself). If you do provide us with this we may store it for future situations in which you require our assistance.
- When visiting out web site we may log information provided to us by your web browser, such as IP address, operating system and version and the web browser you are using. However this information can not be readily associated with you.
- Of course our servers also store any data or files you willfully upload to them.
How we use this information
- The information we hold about you allows us to contact you in case of support problems you may encounter or notify you of any important updates to our products or services that we feel it is essential for you to know about. Because the nature of such notifications is deemed to be of high importance you may not opt out of receiving them.
- We may also use your information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and R&D. An understanding of how our customers use our products and services allows us to continue to improve and develop them further. In this regard any feedback provided is always valued and noted.
- Information logged by our web site is collected for the purpose of statistical research and analysis into who is visiting the site and for what purposes. We may utilize this information further to extrapolate rough geographic locations of visitors.
- Our web site and services may issue your web browser a cookie. The purpose of the cookie is to allow the web site and services to function correctly when you’re utilizing any interactive section.
Disclosure to third parties
In general practice we do not disclose your information to third parties for any purpose. Exceptions to this include:
- Law, legal process, litigation or a request from law enforcement or other relevant authorities to provide them with your details.
- We deem disclosure of such details necessary in order to protect our operations and customers from abuse, exploitation or violation of any terms and conditions you have entered into with Sqonk.
Retention of your information
Your information is generally kept on hand for as long as you hold a current product or service account with us. After termination of such services we may keep your details for a further period of time for book keeping purposes and law requirements.
If you are a user of one or more of the services or products we provide, that service may keep your data for a further unspecified period of time depending on the nature of its function and design. You should read any terms and conditions or other information relevant to the service in question to get a better understanding of how your data is held.
Access to your information
We are happy to provide you with a copy of whatever contact details we have on your record and we encourage you to review and notify us if they change so we in-turn can contact you if the need should ever arise.
For accessing other information relating to you we will do our best to satisfy your request. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical support, jeopardize
the privacy of others or are highly impractical to undertake.
Protection of your information
Sqonk takes precautions to safe guard your data from corruption, loss or theft that are deemed by the administrators of the company to be common sense and reasonable approaches. This includes regular backups and database snapshotting.
If you hold a hosting account with us you should be aware that any files you place in the ‘public_html’ folder of your website folder are potentially accessible to the outside world.
Likewise we make no representations for or on behalf of any third parties you work with that utilize us on your behalf and their management of your data.
If you have any questions or concerns please